Thursday, March 3, 2011

My grandmama ain't the only one callin' me baby

alternative text
alternative text
Chambray shirt- Target  ::  Bowtie+Skirt- Thailand  ::  Socks- Urban Outfitters  ::  Shoes- Old Navy
alternative text

It's a bowtie. Do I really need to say much more?
But it may or may not be fake. Shhh, don't tell anyone else who didn't read it on this public blog, it's a poorly kept secret (she said in an obvious stage whisper).


Life and stress have seemingly engulfed my time quicker than burning paper. Both result in burnt fingers. Can you tell that lack of sleep has caused me to think that I have burnt fingers? It's a strange side effect. 


Anyway. I feel like the only way to de-stress (besides actually doing work, eheh) is to take a hot, hot bath and watch Futurama. And maybe sneak in a dark chocolate bar in there somewhere (because as a stereotypical woman, I self-medicate myself with chocolate like it's aspirin for the soul, SO WHAT). What are your favorite ways to de-stress? Extra points if they're illicit and illegal.  

alternative text
alternative text
Fun fact: Thigh-high socks are a hit with middle-aged men who reside in busy cities like Chicago. I should tell that story sometime.
alternative text
Leap of faith! I'm very graceful. To quote Black Swan: "I was perfect."
PERFECT.

13 comments:

Laura said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit! you look stunning! the second picture is my personal favorite!!!

-laura
http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

anni said...

You look adorable ! Lovely outfit <3

http://anniliinas.blogspot.com

laura said...

loving the outfit!the skirt and the chambray go really well together, and of course, to add a touch of your own-- the bowtie.

Anonymous said...

Thigh high socks are a hit with middle aged men. Period. Bless 'em.
Thigh high socks and bow ties? Now that's just a hit with EVERYONE. :)

Katie said...

I've been watching a lot of silly Japanese teenie movies from netflix lately to destress with a new baby. If can find the time to hit up the store I would also add in the dark chocolate marshmallow eggs (the super cheap kind from the dollar tree which are the best kind out there)

S and O said...

So cute!
I love your style and that bowtie rocks :D
Xoxo
Sarah

Jenni said...

Bowtie! Yay! I love this outfit. It's very school girlish, but the chambray keeps it from being super literal.
Ah, middle aged men. Is there any demographic more skeezy?
Hrm... how do I unwind? Playing dress up, eating things that rot my teeth, drinking things that kill my brain cells, watching bad procedural crime dramas... Basically, the less thought it requires, the more relaxing it is.

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, you are so cute and you have the cutest blog! Definitely following now.

I love this look...the bow tie is perfect! I really love the knit tights as well.

xx

Sara K.S. Hanks said...

I don't know what I like most: your hair, your bowtie, your sense of humor, or your leaping picture. This requires some thought ... eh, let's just call it a tie. A TIE! Get it? Like your bowtie?

Anonymous said...

I could not pull off a bow tie. I know that...

But you do it very well!!

Good Job!

Avalonne Hall said...

I'm glad you've been giving yourself a chance to de-stress. That's important. You don't want to build up all this stress. Well my first analog Sunday was the perfect way to de-stress. Paint, listen to some Chopin, cook, blow bubbles. OMG. Seriously. I bought bottles of bubbles from Walgreens for the purpose of photo shoots and for fun. My friend and I just sat by the window and blew bubbles. So relaxing and therapeutic. Try it.

Anything illicit or illegal? Eh. I guess sniffing highlighters at an art supply store? Yeah no.

Unknown said...

what an amazing look on you! following you now =)

http://ilovemochi.blogspot.com/

Feeona said...

Sooo lovely!