Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"dedicated to tomorrow's children"


In times of pain and turmoil, there's still that chance of hope. Without it, there is no fight.



I hope that those who are safe and away from the parts of the world where unrest is rife (Bahrain, Libya, New Zealand, etc.) are becoming more aware and educated of what's happening. I admit that while I still don't know the whole picture, I'm amazed at how quickly word is getting around despite efforts to shut down the media. My tumblr dashboard was and still is filling up with news that are truly eye-opening. This one quote in particular stuck to me, because of how astoundingly normal it was:

“I will participate in the demonstrations tomorrow. Maybe they will turn violent. Maybe I will be one of the people who is going to get killed. I’m listening to all my favorite music. I even want to dance to a few songs. All family pictures have to be reviewed, too. I have to call my friends as well to say goodbye. All I have are two bookshelves which I told my family who should receive them. I’m two units away from getting my bachelors degree but who cares about that. My mind is very chaotic. I wrote these random sentences for the next generation so they know we were not just emotional and under peer pressure. So they know that we did everything we could to create a better future for them. So they know that our ancestors did not surrender to despotism. This note is dedicated to tomorrow’s children…” 
- anon blogger.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I just got chills and tears filled my eyes. How frightening. And how beautiful that someone can say "this is important, I may lose my life, but this is that important." I'll be praying a lot tonight.

Raleigh-Elizabeth said...

absolutely beautiful.