Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Beautiful, and so are You

alternative text

The weather was, to steal from Jim Carrey, b-e-a-uuutiful today. And I'm talkin' a little wind, blue skies, no freakin' cloud in sight sorta weather. It's pretty unbelievable; after all the bitching and whining I shamefully did (and tried in vain to limit) during the wintertime, spring seemed an eternity and a half away. And well, since it's fairly fickle here in terms of temperature, this 60s won't last too long.

DAMN YOU, BIPOLAR MOTHER NATURE. *futilely shakes fist*


But in the meantime, I'll JUMP FOR JOY.
Carpe diem, which is Latin for "jump for the freakin' great weather day." It's true, Robin Williams told me so.

alternative text
The awkward ballerina welcomes you, unaware that there's a strangely-shaped cloud behind her. She also doesn't want you to look at her awkward face.
alternative text
One thing I learned: I do not make attractive faces when I'm jumping. Dang.

This blouse was one of the lucky little jackpots my mom (who prides herself in being a bargain extraordinaire) scored earlier. I've been waiting awhile to debut it, mostly because I wasn't quite sure how to match its seizure-inducing colors. My solution? Why, add on even more color, of course! The sun was out, the sky was blue, my outfit was bright, are you too?

Hmm, did someone say that I'm being a little ridiculous? Sorry about that, I couldn't quite hear you over my shirt.


alternative text
Blouse- Ralph Lauren Petite via TJMaxx : Undershirt that you can't see- Express via TJMaxx : Shorts- secondhand : Tights- We Love Colors : Flats- Gap

What's Lovely for March 16, 2010: Finally getting out of the frickfrackin' house to have a nice picnic with friends and then engulf the giant monstrosity that is the Five Guys hamburger with a friend you haven't seen in awhile.

alternative text
alternative text

11 comments:

kate maggie said...

Oh, your comment made me so happy. thankyou for that sweet girl...as for you - I hope that you have an amazing week and get some good rest time before school starts up again! :)
ALSO - I love the color of those tights and your shirt. They just make me so happy...and your pictures of the sandwiches and hamburges make me smile..I want to hang out with you! x

Anonymous said...

OMG, these pictures look so fun! I love how every single post of yours brings a smile to my face. Love this one and I love your outfit so much- perfect for the warm weather (finally)!!

Hope you are having a great week.

xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Emma Fick said...

Ohhh my God that hamburger looks one part delicious and about four parts revolting. Did you eat the whole thing?!
Nice blouse! Yaaaay for mommys! And kudos on rocking those bright yellow tights.

Ahem. As a seasoned professional, let me inform you: the art of making attractive jumping faces is a subtle and tricky one! It may take months--nay, YEARS!--of perfecting, but one day, ONE DAY, you will find ONE facial expression that works and then you will look like a clone (BUT A CUTE CLONE) in all of your hot jumping pics. :)

Elaine said...

OH MAN. That hamburger looks soooo good! I want it NOW.

BTW, I loved that you paired that awesome shirt with some even more awesome yellow tights!!!!

Enter to win a women's Orient watch!
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Emily Kennedy said...

Bwa ha ha! I love your solution for dealing with seizure-inducing color. Very smart indeed.

Also, only YOU should ever wear high-waisted shorts. Can we make that a mandate, and issue it to all of Hollywood?

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i love those tights!!!

Unknown said...

hey looks like you had fun jumping up and down and taking pictures...i must say ive never seen anyone wear yellow tights and pull them off the way you did! :)

I am Khatu said...

I love how bright your outfit is, so colorful and full of life!

Rūta said...

It's so cute, so spring-like.

Anna said...

Look at you! SO colorful :) That's so cute haha.

satinsugar.blogspot.com

ANDWHATELSEISTHERE said...

YUMMyyyy ;)